Vegan Lactation Cookies Recipe
Try this delicious vegan lactation cookies recipe and eat them whether or not you’re a nursing mama!
— Permacrafters gets commissions for purchases made through links in this post. We encourage you to prioritize secondhand goods whenever possible. —
If you are trying to bump up your milk production – or if you simply love delicious cookies – this lactation cookies recipe is for you! We packed in the best galactagogues (galacta-what?!), which are substances that promote lactation. I ate these to increase my milk production for Luna when I breastfed her as an infant. Now that Cristina is expected a baby, she is ready to start making it herself!
So what’s in these lactation cookies?
We have 4 galactagogues. Fenugreek is one of the most highly recommended medicinal herbs for boosting milk production. We’ve used toasted and ground fenugreek seeds in these cookies that bring a delicious taste to the mix. Brewer’s yeast and oats are next – they’re often recommended by lactation consultants as dietary supplements for nursing mothers. Finally, ground flaxseed is added to the mix: its fat content and nutritional properties help produce rich milk for your baby!
Servings: Makes about 14 lactation cookies.
Preparation time: 15 min
Total time: 35 min
- 1 banana
- 2 apples
- 2 cup oats
- 2 ½ tbsp ground flaxseed
- 3 tsp instant baking yeast
- 4 tsp Fenugreek seed toasted and ground
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
Use ingredients that are local to you. Substitute a banana for a pear or chocolate chips for prunes.
- Turn the oven on to 350ºF.
- Blend the bananas and apples in a high-power blender until it forms a purée.
- Lightly toast the fenugreek seeds in a tray in the oven. Once toasted, grind the seeds in a food processor.
- Put the banana-apple purée in a large bowl and slowly mix in the oats, toasted fenugreek seeds, Brewer’s yeast, flaxseed, chocolate chips, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. Your mix should be fully homogenous.
- Use your hands to evenly spread several drops of olive oil on your baking tray so that your cookies won’t stick.
- Form the cookies with your hands and place them on the baking tray.
- Bake for 15 min.
Once they are out of the oven, let them cool before pouncing on them.
What’s the verdict? What do you think about these vegan chocolate chip cookies? Do you have your own favorite lactation cookies recipe? Let us know in the comments below!