Last updated: June 01, 2018
Permacrafters is committed to protecting the privacy of its Website users.
What Information We Collect
We get information about you in a range of ways.
Information You Give Us. In order to use certain services associated with the Website, such as our mailing list or an online workshop, you may register with Permacrafters. When registering, Permacrafters may collect personal information from you such as name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, age, gender, occupation, username, password, and other information volunteered by you such as information provided through responses, registration, reviews, emails, postings, messages, and other electronic submissions sent by you to Permacrafters or any affiliated forums. Do not provide Permacrafters with personal information unless you agree with this policy.
Information We Get From Others. We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from this Website. We partner with other companies (such as Teachable and PayPal) for payment processing, and the payment information you submit is collected and used by our payment processors in accordance with their privacy policies (for Teachable’s click here, for PayPal’s click here). Permacrafters does not store your payment information, including credit card, debit card or bank account digits, expiration date, or country.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Website, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Website, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Website. We may take note of your IP address when you use the Website. Information about the ways people visit and interact with our Site is collected in the form of traffic analytics. You can opt out of being included in Google Analytics here.
Use of Personal Information:
We use your personal information as follows:
- We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
- We use your personal information to process and deliver contest entries and rewards.
- We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- We may use your information to send you weekly newsletters or to conduct surveys to improve our Website and offerings.
- We use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- We use your personal information to link or combine user information with other personal information.
- We use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- We use your personal information to provide and deliver products and services customers request.
Sharing of personal information
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information to any third party, including individuals, businesses, or government entities, with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
– We may share information to comply with laws.
– We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
– We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
- We do not and will not sell your data.
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
European Union Users
Data protection law in Europe requires a “lawful basis” for collecting and retaining personal information from citizens or residents of the European Economic Area. Our lawful bases include:
- Performing the contract we have with you: In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligation to deliver the Services.
- Legal compliance: Sometimes the law may say we need to collect and use your data.
- Legitimate interests: This is a technical term in data protection law which essentially means we have a good and fair reason to use your data and we do so in ways which do not hurt your interests and rights. We sometimes require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way that might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and that does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
- For example, we use identity, device, and location information to prevent fraud and abuse and to keep the Services secure. We may also send you promotional communications about our Services, subject to your right to control whether we do so.
- We analyze how users interact with our Site so we can understand better what elements of the design are working well and which are not working so well. This allows us to improve and develop the quality of the online experience we offer all our users.
We will retain your information until you tell us otherwise, as necessary to provide you with the Services or as otherwise set forth in this Policy. We will also retain and use this information as necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy and to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements and protect Permacrafters’ legal rights.
We also collect and maintain aggregated, anonymized or pseudonymized information which we may retain indefinitely to protect the safety and security of our Site, improve our Services or comply with legal obligations.
Users residing in certain countries, including the EU, are afforded certain rights regarding their personal information. Except where an exception or exemption applies, these rights include the ability to access, correct, and request deletion of your personal information. While these rights are not applicable globally, all Permacrafters users can manage their personal information, as further described below.
To modify or delete the personal information you’ve provided to us, please send us an email at [email protected]. We may retain certain information as required by law or as necessary for our legitimate business purposes.
Email and Mobile Notifications
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. We give you the ability to opt in or out of any newsletters or marketing communications we send.
We will send you emails relating to your transactions. You may also elect to receive our newsletter and marketing email communications, in accordance with your preferences, and from which you may opt out at any time by adjusting your preferences at the bottom of each email.
We’ll also send you service-related announcements when it’s necessary to do so.
We take security seriously, and the security of your personal data is important to us. We follow industry-standard practices to protect the data we collect and maintain, including using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to encrypt information as it travels over the internet. No method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is completely secure, so Permacrafters cannot guarantee its absolute security
In the event of a data breach, we will notify you by email within 72 hours. We encourage the responsible disclosure of vulnerabilities of our Services by emailing [email protected].
To contact us about data protection, please email [email protected]. You can contact us in writing at:
821 Burch Avenue
Durham, NC 27701
Data Protection Authority
Subject to applicable law, if you are a citizen or resident of the European Economic Area, you also have the right to (i) object to Permacrafters’ use of your personal information and (ii) lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority in the European Union.
Children under the age of 18:
People under the age of 18 are not permitted to use the Site. Permacrafters doesn’t knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children under eighteen years of age. If you believe that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact [email protected]. If we become aware that a child under age 18 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we will delete it.
What they are.“Cookies” are commonly used pieces of information in the form of small files that are placed on a computer hard drive to enable you to more easily communicate and interact with certain websites. Permacrafters may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on its Website.
Why we use them. This type of information is collected to make the Website more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
How they work. When you visit the Website, our web server sends a cookie to your device, which allows us to recognize your device (but not the specific person using it). By associating the identification numbers in the cookies with other account information when, for example, you log in to our Services, we know that the cookie information relates to your user account. Some of the tags and cookies used by our Services are served by us, and some are served by trusted partners who are delivering services on our behalf.
Some examples of the types of cookies and other technologies Permacrafters uses:
Permacrafters uses authentication cookies and similar technologies to tell us when you’re logged in to Permacrafters. This lets us show you personalized views related to your interests.
Some cookies help us provide localized experiences.
Performance cookies help us route traffic between servers and understand how Permacrafters is performing, so we can provide you with the best experience possible.
Analytics and research
Social Media Platforms
Cookies and other technologies make interacting with social media platforms more seamless. For example, when you’re signed into social media accounts while you use our Services, these technologies may enable you to share content with your social network or, in some cases, log in using your social media credentials. These features are usually controlled by the social media platform you are using and are governed by its separate privacy policies and the preferences you set with that service.
Information Choices and Changes:
Control the emails we send you. Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out” at the bottom of each email. If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to [email protected] or to our mailing address listed above. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, update your personal information, or request we delete your personal information.
Control certain cookies. You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Website with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Website works for you. To find out more about how to enable, disable, or delete cookies from your web browser, please click here. Flash cookies cannot be controlled through your browser settings. To control flash cookies, which may be used on certain websites from time to time, you can click here to learn more.
You can opt-out of online behavioral advertising. The Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising program provides consumers with the ability to opt-out of having their online behavior recorded and used for advertising purposes. To opt out of having your online behavior collected for advertising purposes, click here.
Certain choices you make are both browser- and device-specific.